The National Trial Lawyers AIOCLA 2015 10 Best NAFDD 2nd Consecutive Year DUI Attorney

Community service extension?

Question: ”I was ordered to do community service. I was given dates to return, to show proof of completion. I haven’t completed my community service. Can I request an extension?”

Answer: Whether or not an extension will be granted depends on the specifics of your case. For instance, what was the original conviction for?  Was it a felony or misdemeanor conviction? Aside from not completing the community service hours, how have you performed on probation? Have you completed any of the obligation? Finally, which courthouse are you in, as different judges within the county will treat this request differently.  In some instances, it is best to request the extension prior to the due date by having your case advanced and placed on calendar.

Comments are closed.